- 1 small low-carb whole wheat tortilla (We love La Toritlla tortillas)
- 1/4 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese.
- 3 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 ounces cooked chicken cut in srtrips
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons canned sweet corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon black beans rinsed
- 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning mix, dry (look for lower-sodium)
1. STart by mixing fajita seasoning mix and 2 teaspoons of water. Toss the chicken in this mixture and set aside.
- 2 To make the quesadilla, place tortilla in a pan lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese evenly over one half of the tortilla, and then bring the pan to medium heat. Once the cheese begins to melt, use a spatula to fold the plain half over and press down to seal. Flip and continue to cook and press until the entire quesadilla is hot and toasty; set aside.
- 3 Build your salad by layering the lettuce, tomatoes, corn and black beans. Top with the chicken (heating first if desired); cut the quesadilla into triangles and place them around your salad.
4. Garnish your salad with Cilantro! If you'd like... and use lemons, limes, and pico de gallo for your dressing! OR see if you can find a low fat/ low calorie dressing of your choice.
This makes one serving, 200 calories, sodium depends on fajita mix you find.